Homecoming events offer Panther fun for all
Oct. 25, 2010
Past, present and future Panthers will be “on the prowl” next weekend for Homecoming 2010.
Festivities will kick off at 11:15
a.m. Oct. 29 in the Lewis Library Auditorium as this year’s winner of
the Shackelford Distinguished Alumnus Award and Wall of Outstanding
Alumni honorees will be talking about how LaGrange College shaped their
lives. Participating will be Shackelford winner Dean Young ’60, as
well as the Rev. Jan Devereaux ‘66, Nancy Durand ‘68, David Fowler ‘85
and Lew Humphrey ‘68.
Other events on Friday include:
- The 27th annual Tom Duckett Golf
Tournament begins at 1 p.m. at Highland Country Club, with tee off at
1:30 p.m. The entry fee of $100 per player covers green fees and range
balls, and a portion of it is tax deductible.
- The 2010 Alumni Celebration at 4:30 p.m.
in Dickson Assembly Room. Dress is casual, and the event will include
President Dan McAlexander’s address; recognition of the Class of 1960;
recognition of classes in reunion, clubs/societies; presentations of
the Spirit of LaGrange Award to the Class of 1950 and the Alumni Giving
Award to the Class of 1970; awarding of Shackelford Distinguished
Alumnus Award to Dean W. Young '60 and Wall of Outstanding Alumni
- The 2010 Alumni Celebration Reception will
be at 5:30 p.m. at the Lewis Library Plaza, honoring the Class of 1960
and the Alumni Award Recipients.
- The 50th Reunion dinner for Class of 1960 will be at 6:30 p.m. in the Bailey Room.
- The “The Reasons Why” Band Party will be from 8 p.m. until midnight at the Lafayette Garden Inn, $10 cover charge per person.
Saturday’s festivities begin
bright and early with Homecoming registration from 9 a.m. until noon at
the Dallis Street entrance to Callaway Auditorium. Classes in reunion
will be tailgating under the LaGrange College red and black tents on the
grassy area outside the auditorium. Check Homecoming 2010 Facebook page or the Alumni Reunion page for reunion details.
Other Saturday activities include:
- Lamar Dodd Art Center open house from 9 to 11 a.m.
- Baseball Alumni and Fans at 9 a.m. Contact Coach Kevin Howard at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Basketball game at 9 a.m. at Mariotti Gym, when basketball alumni join current Panther players for a scrimmage game.
- Kappa Delta Trike-a-Thon at 9:30 a.m. in the Callaway Auditorium Parking Lot.
- Class of 1958-1962 brunch, 9:30 a.m., Bailey Room.
- Family Fall Festival sponsored by Panther
Toy Store, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. outside the front gates of Callaway
Stadium. Featuring face painting and other fun games to win prizes,
with each event requiring tickets.
- Student Government Association Homecoming Parade, 10:30 a.m.
- Trick-or-Treat Tailgate, 11 a.m. to noon,
Callaway Auditorium parking lot. All tailgaters are invited to provide
candy for the Trick-or-Treat Tailgate.
- Football - Panthers vs. Apprentice School
Builders, 1 p.m., Callaway Stadium, featuring the announcement of the
2010 Homecoming queen, parade float winner and banner winner, as well
as the Sports Hall of Fame Induction during halftime. This year’s
honorees are Ian Craig Chatman ‘99, William Riley “Rusty” Evans ‘96,
Denton Gavin Guy-Williams ‘98, and Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Hall '99.
- Greek Alumni Society Cocktail Party, 6 p.m., Lazy Peach, 121 Main St. Dutch treat.
- LaGrange College women's soccer game, senior day, 6 p.m. Soccer Field, Panthers vs. Spelman. Tailgate party after the game.
- Homecoming concert, 8 p.m., Gulley Bridge parking lot near the fraternity houses.
- “The Reasons Why” Band Party, 8 p.m. to midnight, Lafayette Garden Inn, $10 cover charge.
Sunday’s activities will be
highlighted by the annual alumni and LaGrange College community
memorial service at 11 a.m. in the Chapel. A lunch buffet will be from
11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Pitts Dining Hall. Cost is $9, payable at the