Business Office serves the campus community by providing quality financial services in an efficient manner. The office is staffed by five professionals, servicing 85 end-user departments and 250 separate funds. Additionally, the staff oversees the College's student health and risk management programs.
The services provided by the department include:
- Accounts payable
- Cashiering functions other than
student accounts receivable
- College owned property management
- Financial covenant compliance
- Fiscal audit preparation
- Institutional contract maintenance
- Internal and external financial reporting
- Investment portfolio management
- Property and casualty insurance program management
- Purchasing services
- Student accounts receivable
- Student health insurance program administration
- Student loan credit and collection administration
- Vendor and banking relations
Business Office Mission Statement
The Business Office is responsible for establishing and maintaining the official accounting systems, records, and related systems of internal control of LaGrange College, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles; for providing stewardship and accountability for institutional assets and all financial resources received and used; for providing services and support in the acquisition of goods and services; and for providing an exceptional level of satisfaction and efficient service for all its customers, both internal and external to the College.
The Business Office has responsibility for treasury, investments, banking services, purchasing, accounts payable, long-term debt, property records and risk management functions; for the preparation of internal and external financial reports including the general purpose financial statements; and the coordination and oversight of the external, independent audit.