Hawkes Hall is a traditional, community style residence hall for freshman females. Hawkes features hardwood floors and high ceilings in each of it double occupancy rooms on the second, third, and fourth floors with each floor also having a community bathroom. The first floor houses the Education Department classrooms and offices. Each room comes equipped with wireless internet and cable television. Free laundry service is available in this building on each floor.
Completed in 1911, this four-story brick building is named in memory of Mrs. Harriet Hawkes, mother of College benefactor, the late A.J. Hawkes. After a major renovation costing $1.4 million, the building houses women on the second, third, and fourth floors. Faculty offices and classrooms for the Education Department occupy the first floor. Also on the second floor is the Nixon Parlor, named in honor of long time supporter of the College, Winifred Adams Nixon '33.
Total Capacity: 75 (with 5 resident advisors)
Each Room Includes:
- Two (2) Twin Beds (standard, not XL)
- Two (2) Desks
- Two (2) Desk Chairs
- Two (2) Dressers
- Two (2) Closets
- One (1) Vanity Area
Hawkes Hall Room Layout