Lend a hand, change a life.
In the LaGrange College psychology department, internship opportunities and community
service go hand-in-helping-hand. Whether you're tutoring disadvantaged youth or
counseling fellow students, you'll have real chances to make a difference – even
Psychology internship sites have included:
- LaGrange College Career Development Center
Assist staff with career choice counseling for LaGrange students.
- Troup County Family and Children's Service, LaGrange
Work with county-based foster care programs by assisting office caseworkers.
- Good Shepherd Therapeutic Center, Warm Springs
Work with developmentally disabled youth in an innovative after-school
and day-care center.
- Burwell Psychoeducational Center, LaGrange
Counsel disadvantaged youth who suffer from behavioral issues
- Central State Hospital, Milledgeville
Work with the mentally ill and people with developmental disabilities;
assist caretakers and physicians in a clinical setting.