Our modern world requires continued growth. Stepping forward to earn more education can distinguish you from your peers and make you more desirable in the work force. Academic Certificates at LaGrange College are perfect for helping you to stand out from the crowd!
Certificates are not college degrees and only require completion of relevant courses.
With courses offered online, a LaGrange College certificate can help to clear a
pathway to a brighter future by the acquisition of new skills and by demonstrating professional ambition.
The Sociology program offers the Certificate in Aging Studies. This option is designed to offer training to those interested
in pursuing a career in serving the aging. The certificate
provides a working knowledge of critical issues facing an aging population. Courses
supply a foundation for pursuing a variety of careers.
Student learning objectives
- Competency in the basic components and knowledge involving the services needed
for an aging population in the U.S.
- An understanding of the contemporary issues facing an aging population and the
social issues involved.
- An awareness of global issues facing an aging population.
Students must make a “C” or better in the following courses:
- SOCI 1000: Introduction to Sociology (3 credit hours)
- SOCI 2500: Kinship and Family (3)
- SOCI 2250: Introduction to Gerontology (3)
- SOCI 2350: Death and Dying (3)
- SOCI 3450: Social Policy and Aging (3)
All courses are offered Online.
for more information.
BUSINESS ESSENTIALS I
Certificate in Business Essentials I is designed for non-degree seeking students who wish
to enhance their current skill set. It is comprised of four business courses:
- MGMT 2000: Introduction to Business and Online Learning (3 credit hours) or MGMT2200: Foundations in Business (3)
- MGMT 3370: Management and Organizational Behavior (3)
- MRKT 3380: Principles of Marketing (3) or ACCT 2200: Accounting for Decision Makers (3)
- MGMT 3385: Management Information Systems (3).
Students must meet the minimum grade requirements and any prerequisites for these
courses. All courses will be offered online.
Contact Dr. Lydia Rosencrants at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.